Riverview Park has a plethora of green space for community use. It is also blessed with a very active community center and has a wealth of other activities for our residents to enjoy year long, from hot summer days to cross country skiing right in our backyard.
Our community center is:
Dempsey Community Centre
1895 Russell Road 613 247 4846
It has programs for adults such as dance, visual arts, computer, French, fitness, walking club, badminton ” and for children, such as gymnastics.
We have 6 City parks and the use of one other. These include :
- Alda Burt with a summer pool
- Balena Park with a soccer field and a summer pool
- Coronation Park with a basketball court
- Dale Park which has tennis courts and a Little League field house
- Hutton Park with a baseball diamond
- Riverview Park
and we can also use Atwell Park at the Perley-Rideau Hospital, which has another baseball diamond
Finally, we have the wonderful Cancer Survivors Park which marks the entry to our community.
We also have several gyms in our community:
- The Athletic Club, 195 Trainyards Drive, Ottawa ON 613-789-5600 – http://www.theathleticclubs.ca/our-clubs-20/new-locations-31/ottawa-train-yards-83
- Nomad Kick Boxing 1800 St Laurent Bl. 613-739-9166
- New Body Dimensions Fitness Club – 1800 St Laurent Blvd 613 – 733-1911. They offer professional trainers, cardio-kickboxing, free weights. See their website for more information http://www.newbodydimensions.com
- Movati – Trainyards
T: 613-789-5600 E: email@example.com