We are experiencing some staffing pressures, specifically an ongoing rotation of staff absences. To adapt quickly and ensure stability and consistency, the following hours and service changes will take effect on Monday, January 10, 2022.
Keeping all OPL branches open, but modifying opening hours:
- Monday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Tuesday: 1 pm – 8 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Thursday: 1 pm – 8 pm
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday hours remain the same.
Hours will be further modified at the following locations (the OPL website will be updated to reflect the specific hours):
- Constance Bay
- Fitzroy Harbour
- North Gower
- Rockliffe Park
- Kiosk services at Hunt Club Riverside Park Community Centre
Bookmobile services and Homebound Services are not affected.
Branches will continue to offer the following services:
- Browse and borrow collections
- Pick up holds
- Returning materials 24/7 via book drops
- Use of public computers for one (1) hour
- Assistance from staff
- Registering for a new library card or renew memberships
- Pay for fees
- Printing and lamination services
Branches will suspend the following services:
- Seating, study carrels, and lounge areas
- Chromebook lending
- In-branch usage of newspapers and magazines
- Creation spaces
Taking these measures now is a prudent approach that will allow customers to access library services, while balancing the staffing pressures caused by this current surge of COVID-19.