Better Homes Loan Program Launch
We’re excited to announce that the Better Homes Ottawa Loan Program has now launched!
Through the Better Homes Ottawa Loan Program, homeowners can get a zero-interest loan of up to the lesser of $125,000 or 10 per cent of the current value of their home to cover the cost of home energy improvements.
Measures eligible for financing through the program include:
- Basement, attic and exterior wall insulation
- Air sealing (such as weather stripping or caulking)
- Window and door replacements
- Air and ground source heat pumps
- Solar hot water systems
- Solar photovoltaic systems
- Battery storage
- Electric vehicle charging stations (level 2)
- Additional dwellings such as granny suites or basement apartments (up to 30 per cent of the total loan amount)
You can combine the Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program with other available energy efficiency rebates and incentives.
The City is working with EnviroCentre, an Ottawa-based non-profit organization to administer the program. Find out more about the Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program and apply at betterhomesottawa.ca.
Planning your home energy efficiency improvements
- How, why, and where to start to retrofit your home for energy savings
- Programs, incentives, and rebates to help you get the work done
- Services to support you to choose the right home improvements for your home
- Information on deep retrofits, what that means, and why it matters for Ottawa and your home