The Riverview Park Community Association has three main committees:
Planning and Development Committee: Chair – Kris Nanda
Communications: Chair – Dianne Hoddinott
Parks, Recreation and Environment: Chair – Vacant
Below you will find more details about the roles and responsibilities of each committee. If you are interested in joining one of the committees, please contact the appropriate Chair, as noted.
Parks, Recreation and Environment Committee
The purpose of the Parks, Recreation and Environment Committee is to foster greater care and awareness of the community by the residents and businesses by:
· encouraging the maintenance and improvement of the physical condition of our parks, boulevards;
· green areas, sidewalks, streets and industrial areas within the community;
· working with the City of Ottawa, through our Councillor and Parks Department, to develop programs to assist in maintenance of the community environment;
· creating initiatives (Spring and Fall park clean up and parks improvement programs, e.g. play structures and landscaping), carried out by residents and businesses;
· developing a sense of ownership of parks and green space areas by those within the community;
· involving businesses within the community to assist in improving the environment;
– running ther community skating rinks at Balena and Dale parks;
· organizing community social activities (e.g. Annual Skating Party and biannual Fall Social);
· reacting to environmental issues as they arise (e.g. graffiti, crows, litter).
Planning and Development Committee
The RPCA Planning and Development (P&D) Committee closely monitors and provides feedback on proposed developments which might affect the Riverview Park community. Kris Nanda chairs the P&D group.
For more information, please contact Kris Nanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
The RPCA Communications Committee is responsible to the RPCA Board of Directors for the dissemination of information to residents of the Riverview Park community using all available means such as the RPCA website, emails, pamphlets, posters and Riverviews newspaper. The committee should, when ever possible, seek corporate and municipal sponsorship to aid in this mission.
For more information please contact Dianne Hoddinott at: email@example.com