|When driving in school zones remember:
- Reduce your speed and be prepared to slow down or stop for pedestrians.
- Avoid double parking and U-turns (drive around the block instead)
- Watch for children between parked cars and in parking lots.
- Don’t drive distracted and avoid using your hands-free device.
- Remember to be patient, and be ready to stop at all times.
Remember to obey the crossing guard:
- All vehicles must come to a complete stop
- Remain stopped until the children, and the crossing guard, have safely crossed the road.
School Bus Safety
- Stop when a school bus’s red lights are flashing and stop arm is extended
- Wait for flashing lights to stop and the bus begins to move again before driving
- Never pass a stopped school bus, it is illegal and dangerous.
Road safety is a shared responsibility and a community issue; parents are urged to always follow safe driving practices especially in school zones.
Safer School Zones start with you!