The following services will operate on different schedules on Remembrance Day, Monday, November 11.
- City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the Government Service Centre at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- Green bins, recycling and garbage will be collected as normally scheduled.
- The Trail Road waste facility will be open.
Parking and roads
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall from Friday, November 8 at 6 pm to Monday, November 11 at 6 am.
- Veterans who wear their medals or uniforms or who have a veterans’ license plate on their vehicle can park for free at City Hall on Monday, November 11 between 6 am and 1 pm.
- Veterans who wear their medals or uniforms during National Veterans’ Week, from Tuesday, November 5 to Monday, November 11, can ride OC Transpo buses, O-Train line, Para Transpo and STO buses for no charge. Companions accompanying veterans also ride at no charge. Use the video-chat function at ticket machines to get through fare gates at O-Train stations. OC Transpo staff wearing red vests will be available to help.
- On Monday, November 11, all customers can ride OC Transpo buses, O-Train lines, and Para Transpo at no charge.
- OC Transpo will operate on a regular schedule. Minor detours or delays may occur due to Remembrance Day parades and ceremonies across the city.
- OC Transpo and Para Transpo buses will pull over to the side of the road at 11 am to observe two minutes of silence, if it is safe to do so. The Last Post and Reveille will play over bus radios. A moment of silence will also be observed on O-Train lines.
- If you take O-Train Line 1 to the National War Memorial, please use the following pedestrian routes to get a better view of the ceremony and to avoid crowding:
- From Rideau Station: Use the Rideau Centre exit and walk through the mall to Mackenzie King Bridge to access viewing areas on Elgin Street.
- From Parliament Station: Use the Queen/O’Connor exit, go south on O’Connor Street and take Albert Street to access viewing areas on Elgin Street.
- For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed, except for the Rideau Centre, which will be open from 12:30 pm to 9 pm. The customer service phone line (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- All indoor pools and fitness centres will be open as normally scheduled for public swimming, fitness programs and public skating .
- All registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will operate as normally scheduled. Check with your facility to confirm, as there are some exceptions.