Please be advised that in order to fully incorporate the comments received on the installation and design of the noise wall, the Belfast Yard Expansion Community Information Session originally scheduled for Wednesday, May 3rd 2017 has been rescheduled to Wednesday, May 17th 2017, from 7-9pm.
This week, RTG will be conducting some preliminary activities on the Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF) site including:
· Additional environmental tests on the berm, using an excavator from the top of the berm, to make test pits, in order to facilitate soil sampling.
· Noise sampling tests will be completed in and around the train yard by an acoustician to determine the noise generated by the trains and the actual activities on site, to allow for progress and analysis as well as the development of a noise wall design.
In the weeks following, we tentatively anticipate the following works:
· Preparing the construction staging area west of Belfast Road with the installation of a gravel pad (highlighted below).
· Construction of a temporary retaining wall underneath the Belfast bridge which will facilitate access to the western tip of the berm.
· Berm removal will not yet begin; we will provide additional updates as available.
Please plan to attend:
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Time: 7 – 9 p.m.
Location: Ottawa Champions Baseball Club, Upper Level Restaurant, 3oo Coventry Road
*Onsite parking will be available free of charge