Provide your input on the City budget
The Mayor and Councillors are responsible for guiding and directing where public funds are spent.
The 2017 Draft Budget was tabled on November 9th, 2016. As part of the pre-budget consultation process, Councillors conducted information sessions from mid-September to mid-October – providing information on the municipal budget process to residents and getting views and ideas on the priorities for this draft budget.
In addition to the Councillor-led sessions, online resources were also developed to raise residents’ awareness on how the budget process works, including an interactive consultation tool that allowed residents to plan a simulated municipal budget and submit additional comments.
With the 2017 Draft Budget tabled, there are still opportunities for residents to offer comments and input before the final Budget goes to Council for consideration on December 14th.
Register as a public delegation at a Standing Committee, Board, or Commission budget review meeting
Members of the public can make a five-minute presentation to Standing Committees, Boards and Commissions at meetings take place from November 14 to December 8.
- November 14 – Environmental Stewardship
- November 15 – Accessibility
- November 22 – Planning
- November 22 – Arts, Culture, Heritage and Recreation
- November 24 – Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee
- November 28 – Police Services Board
- November 29 – IT Sub-Committee
- November 30 – Environment Committee – Tax/Rate Supported
- December 1 – Audit Committee
- December 5 – Transit Commission
- December 5 – Public Health Board
- December 6– Ottawa Public Library
- December 6 – Finance and Economic Development
- December 7 – Transportation Committee
- December 8 – Community and Protective Services Committee
Presentations on specific subjects must be brought to the Standing Committee, Board or Commission that is responsible for that subject. Please consult this breakdown of standing committees, boards and commissions by services to find the meeting related to your area of interest. To register in advance of the meeting, please consult the meeting schedule in eAgenda and inquire with the listed contact person or call 3-1-1. Presenters are encouraged to provide a copy of their presentation electronically in advance of the meeting.
Contact your City Councillor
While the pre-budget Councillor-led consultations are completed, you can still contact your Councillor directly to express your views or any concerns you might have about the 2017 Budget.
Tweet@ottawacity using hashtag #ottbudget
Call 3-1-1(TTY: 613-580-2401). Rural residents call 613-580-2400